Thursday June 16 I had a chance to chat with Bill Kugelman of Philips International. He is the man in charge of the South Peak Subdivision for the developers.
Points he made:
* There is no firm start date or breaking ground date. He was very careful to emphasize that in the current market it would not be prudent to commit to a particular date.
* When asked what the order of developments might be, Mr. Kugelman said that this was an aspect of the development which was still under discussion. He said that obviously it would be better to have sold plots and locked in buyers before building the road, because nobody want anyone to build a road to nowhere. But he was not confident that that pre-sales would be forthcoming in the current climate.
* The developers remain committed to the project.
* Mr. Kugelman was at pains to point out the developers’ commitment to the off site drainage projects on Osnas and Cottontail.
* He will not be at the June 21 Planning Board meeting. The engineer and the developer’s lawyer will be.