If you would like to write a letter about the Terramor Saugerties Catskills Development to the Saugerties Planning Board, here’s how:
1) Write your letter
- Spelling counts! The project is called Terramor. There is no “e” at the end of Terramor.
- Spelling counts! Check your letter at least twice for spelling errors. Remember that automated spell checking software will not flag all issues (for instance singular/plural).
- Be as factually correct as you can. There are lots of factual resources on this site.
- Emotional appeals have their place, but they should be grounded in facts.
Here are a few subjects you may wish to address:
- Air Pollution
- Noise & Light Pollution
- Deforestation, Habitat Loss, and Elimination of Wetlands
- Well Water Loss
- Decreased Property Values
- Drain on Local Resources
2) Email your letter
Your email subject line should start with the word “Terramor”. For example:
Terramor – Please examine this development very carefully
Terramor Catskills Saugerties – Do we really want this?
C. Howard Post (firstname.lastname@example.org) Chairperson
Carole Furman (email@example.com) Vice Chair
Kevin Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Michael Tiano (email@example.com)
Len Bouren (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Robert Hlavaty (email@example.com)
Al Riozzi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Gina Kiniry (email@example.com)
Becky Bertorelli (BBertorelli@saugertiesny.gov) Planning Board Secretary
Fred Costello (Fcostello@SaugertiesNY.gov) Town Supervisor
If your email program needs commas between addresses (Like Gmail) here are the addresses formatted that way:
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, BBertorelli@saugertiesny.gov, Fcostello@SaugertiesNY.gov
If your email program needs semi-colons between addresses (Like Outlook) here are the addresses formatted that way:
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; BBertorelli@saugertiesny.gov; Fcostello@SaugertiesNY.gov
3) It’s a very good idea to also MAIL an actual proper printed paper version (gasp!) with a note asking for it to be included in the Terramor Public File to:
Becky Bertorelli – Planning Board Secretary
Saugerties Town Hall
4 High Street
Saugerties NY 12477
If you would like to write a letter to HudsonValleyOne, their instruction page is here:
If you would like to write to the Kingston Daily Freeman, their instruction page is here: